Acknowledgement of Risk
On the day of the trip the trip leader will provide a sign on form which must be completed before the trip departs. This sign on form contains the following risk waiver which all visitors will be required to read and sign.
In voluntarily participating in above activity of Span, I am aware that my participation in this activity may expose me to hazards and risks that could lead to injury, illness or death or to loss of or damage to my property. I also acknowledge that I may encounter weather conditions that could lead to hypothermia and/or dehydration and being in locations where evacuation for medical treatment may take hours or days.
In particular when participating in abseiling or above the snowline activities I am aware that these activities could expose me to additional hazards and risks described to me by the activity leader.
To minimise risks I will endeavour to ensure that:
- The activity is within my capabilities and I am over 18 years,
- I am carrying food, water and equipment appropriate for the activity,
- I will advise the activity leader if I am taking any medication or have any physical or other limitation that might affect my participation in the activity,
- I will carry and use my medication as necessary,
- I will remain with the rest of the party during the activity and advise the leader of any concerns I am having,
- I will comply with all reasonable instructions of club officers and the activity leader,
- I will advise the leader if I suffer injury.
I have read and understand these requirements. I have considered the risks before choosing to sign this acknowledgement of risk. I still wish to join this activity. I accept that in signing this form I will take responsibility for my own actions and, for visitors, I also acknowledge that I have been granted temporary membership of Span for the duration of this event only.